The primary function of the ArDan Construction Project Engineer will be to assemble job scope, budget, and timeline to prepare projects for the production team.
- Create scope of work, finishes list, proposal documents using Excel, Evernote, Word, and PDF programs.
- Gather plans and all supporting documents into one package within the timelines agreed upon.
- Review Vision/project with Sales (Data Dump to Project Engineer)
- RFI package back to Sales within 2 days (Request for Information)
- Review design documents and identify and request missing or unclear information
- Clear scope of work into worksheet
- Material and sq. footage take off the entire project, Enter quantity’s into the worksheet
- Sub quotes
- Material quotes
- Template calendar of proposed work
- Material specifications
- Labor specifications
Benchmarks for Estimating
- Establish accurate lead times to get estimates out.
- Accurate and timely estimates.
- 2 days from the data dump to the RFI package is the goal- up to $100k projects. Double that lead time for projects larger than $100k
- 1-2 weeks from complete RFI package to proposal is the goal
- Purchase all job-related material prior to job start if possible and according to the job calendar provided by the Project Manager.
- Coordinate returns and adjust material lists. Emphasis on prior planning and delivery to the job site if possible.
Benchmarks for Purchasing
- Minimize supply run/ home depot trips to 1 trip per person/week that has purchasing power.
- Purchase ALL finish and rough material for job sites.
- Material budgets are under or met on each individual job.
Skills and Experience Needed:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- 5+ years of hands-on residential new home or remodeling experience
- Detail orientated
- Able to SMILE
- Eligible for health insurance, ArDan will pay for half of the employee-only premiums (after 60 days of employment)
- $50-70k annual salary
- Min of 40 hrs. per week, the possibility of 50 to 55 hrs. per week
- Holidays off, Christmas eve, Christmas day, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day.
- Sick pay of 40 hours per year is part of this package per AZ Law.
- Vacation time includes 5 paid personal days (40 hours) per year starting 1 year after employment
- A company phone will be provided by ArDan LLC, All ArDan-related communication will need to take place using the company phone. A new phone will be provided once every 2 years. If the phone becomes lost or damaged and needs to be replaced, you will be responsible for the insurance deductible.
- A company Computer will be provided.