The Benefits of Hiring a Concierge Home Watch Service
Who watches your snowbird home when you’re not there?
Scottsdale, Phoenix, and the surrounding metropolitan area are some of the top snowbird destinations in the United States. It’s easy to understand why – a beautiful mixture of both desert and mountains make for incredibly scenic views, and the average temperature is an ideal 62℉. But most snowbirds are only in Arizona from October to March. Who watches their homes when they aren’t there?
What are home watch services?
This is where ArDan’s concierge home watch services come in. Your vacation home needs to be checked in on periodically to ensure it is safe and sound. Home watch services provide weekly walkthroughs of both the interior and exterior, pest control, security checks, and emergency responses. All of this is reported back to you on a monthly basis. With a home watch service, you never have to worry about the safety of your second home.
There are a lot of benefits to hiring a home watch service. If you have a home in the Phoenix area, but you live up north for half the year, it’s a huge hassle to fly down and check on your Phoenix home. And you definitely don’t want to just leave it. Hiring a home watch service allows you to have a trusted partner who will take care of your home when you are out of the state.
- Security. One of the most common reasons homeowners hire a Home Watch Service is for security reasons. This goes back to the peace of mind rule. Knowing that your home is being consistently checked in on keeps your home safe and secure from potential harm. Your home watch team should perform weekly inspections that include searching for signs of any suspicious behavior.
- Pest control. Certain pests like to make their presence known during the hotter spring and summer months. Home watch services will ensure these pests are dealt with so you don’t even have to think about it.
- HOA compliance. Keeping up with HOA rules can be time-consuming. Not only should your home watch team be familiar with common Arizona HOA regulations for working hours and similar rules, but your team can also keep your home or condo in HOA compliance in your absence. Finding and hiring a contractor when you’re out of state can be time-consuming but having a team on call means you can breathe easy.
- Emergency response. When there’s a storm, and you are out of state, who is going to check in on your second home and make sure it’s still standing? Home watch services visit the day after any emergencies and verify everything at your second home is just as it should be. And if there are any problems, for example, some roof damage, home watch services takes care of the problem immediately.
- Vehicle checks. If you have a car you leave at your second home when you are not snowbirding, you need someone to make sure it is protected. ArDan’s home watch services include periodic vehicle checks.
- Written reports. Instead of leaving your second home and merely hoping nothing happens to it while you’re away, you can be assured of its well-being with written monthly reports. Home watch services provide these reports to give you updates on everything that has been happening at your Phoenix-area home so you never have to wonder.
- Ready for your return. If you have a second home, summer home, or winter home, you are familiar with the joys of that first step into a musty, dusty home after months without use. With a Home Watch team, your home is ready and waiting for your return. Your only job is to enjoy your time while you’re there!
Your second home is a valuable asset and an important investment. Don’t just leave its safety to chance.
The highly professional, reliable team of home experts at ArDan wants to make sure your second home is taken care of and watched over while you’re gone. If something goes wrong, it’s hard to be able to fix it when you’re thousands of miles away, so give yourself peace of mind and let the team members at ArDan watch over your vacation home with regular checkups and maintenance.